Do you want to work with the best and be a part of some of the most strategic grid interconnection projects in Southeast Europe? In IPTO Group you have the opportunity to help shape the energy landscape for the decades to come!
IPTO Group plans and implements significant investments to:
- ensure the supply of Greece with electricity in an adequate, reliable and economically viable manner for the benefit of the society and the environment,
- safeguard the long-term capability of the electrical system to meet power transmission needs and
- promote European targets towards energy transition and climate neutrality.
Crete-Attica electrical interconnection project (in progress)
Crete-Attica interconnection is becoming a reality by Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of IPTO Group. This is a 1-billion-euro investment to be completed by 2024 and the largest in the history of the Greek electrical system, ranking among the top-5 of the most innovative interconnection DC projects on a European level. It involves two submarine 500 kV cables, 335 km in length, of a total 1,000 MW transmission capacity, laid in record depths of up to 1,200 meters on the Aegean seabed and two underground 500 kV cables in Attica and Crete, 33 km and 11 km, respectively. On both ends of the interconnection project, in Attica (Aspropyrgos) and Heraklion (Damasta), there are two state-of-the-art Converter Stations under construction as well as a GIS 150 kV substation.
Other major grid interconnection projects implemented by IPTO Group, at a glance:
- Cyclades interconnection (last phase of the project currently in progress)
- Dodecanese interconnection (upcoming)
- North Aegean islands interconnection (upcoming)
- Greece – Italy interconnection (upcoming)
IPTO Group and Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A. are seeking a Civil Engineer to support a dynamic and growing team of professionals.
You will join a highly skilled team where together with other colleagues you will be responsible for the design of the civil works and construction works of the future transmission systems.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Developing technical specifications and evaluating tender documentation with regards to Civil Works for transmission systems
- Conduct review of design and technical documentation of the Contractors for Civil Works aspects
- Contribute to permit processes by providing technical input and documentation
- Following up deliverables from vendors ensuring compliance with the project technical specifications
- Identifying any technical issues that may arise, from project conceptual design phase, up to construction and providing technical solutions
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and handling interfaces across project disciplines
- Preparing technical documentation, according to the needs of the Project
- Technical Support of the Project and Contract Managers
- Conducting site visits to monitor and supervise the execution of construction works
- Contribute to cost and time estimation for specific parts of the Civil Works
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Candidates with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Good knowledge of Greek and International standards
- Desirable experience in large-scale Projects in energy industry
- Excellent knowledge of MS office, AutoCad and good knowledge of BIM Methodology
- Strong communication and organization skills and ability to handle interfaces in complex infrastructural projects
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of permitting procedures
What we are offering:
- A dynamic and supportive working environment which will empower your career development by engagement in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- Being part of a company, which is the frontrunner in developing the future national and international HV interconnections making a pivotal contribution to economy and society
- Positive working culture and competitive compensation
Athens Head Offices, frequent travelling to sites
Please send your CV in English at email@example.com