Do you want to work with the best and be a part of some of the most strategic grid interconnection projects in Southeast Europe? In IPTO Group you have the opportunity to help shape the energy landscape for the decades to come!
IPTO Group plans and implements significant investments to:
- ensure the supply of Greece with electricity in an adequate, reliable and economically viable manner for the benefit of the society and the environment,
- safeguard the long-term capability of the electrical system to meet power transmission needs and
- promote European targets towards energy transition and climate neutrality.
Crete-Attica electrical interconnection project (in progress)
Crete-Attica interconnection is becoming a reality by Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of IPTO Group. This is a 1-billion-euro investment to be completed by 2024 and the largest in the history of the Greek electrical system, ranking among the top-5 of the most innovative interconnection DC projects on a European level. It involves two submarine 500 kV cables, 335 km in length, of a total 1,000 MW transmission capacity, laid in record depths of up to 1,200 meters on the Aegean seabed and two underground 500 kV cables in Attica and Crete, 33 km and 11 km, respectively. On both ends of the interconnection project, in Attica (Aspropyrgos) and Heraklion (Damasta), there are two state-of-the-art Converter Stations under construction as well as a GIS 150 kV substation.
Other major grid interconnection projects implemented by IPTO Group, at a glance:
- Cyclades interconnection (last phase of the project currently in progress)
- Dodecanese interconnection (upcoming)
- North Aegean islands interconnection (upcoming)
- Greece – Italy interconnection (upcoming)
Electrical Engineer (High Voltage Cables)
IPTO Group and Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A. are seeking an Electrical Engineer to support a dynamic and growing team of professionals in HV transmission systems.
You will join a highly skilled team where together with other colleagues you will be responsible for the supply and installation of high voltage cables of the future HVAC and HVDC transmission systems.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Developing technical specifications and evaluating tender documentation with regards to HV cables and termination equipment for HVAC and HVDC transmission systems (onshore and submarine)
- Collaborating and coordinating with HV cable suppliers and contractors ensuring compliance with contract specifications, quality standards, project plan and budget
- Following up deliverables from suppliers ensuring compliance with the project technical specifications
- Conduct technical reviews from feasibility studies up to detailed design studies with regards to HV onshore/submarine cables and accessories
- Managing technical aspects from project conceptual phase up to installation and energization
- Identifying and managing risks with time and cost impact throughout all project phases
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and handling interfaces across project disciplines
- Conduct visits, witnessing factory acceptance tests (FAT)
- Conduct site visits to monitor and supervise the execution of installation and commissioning tests activities for HV cables (including offshore installations)
- Support PM with project progress reporting and technical input
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of HV cables’ technology and design
- Good knowledge of HV cable terminations and testing works
- Experience in cable protection systems, cable thermal rating, power loss, induced voltages, electromagnetic and cable pulling tension calculations
- Candidates with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience within cable manufacturing, procurement, installation and testing will be preferred
- Knowledge and experience within HVDC systems will be considered an asset
- Good knowledge of international standards (IEC, CIGRE, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle interfaces in complex infrastructural projects
- Fluency in written and spoken English
What we are offering:
- A dynamic and supportive working environment which will empower your career development by engagement in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
- Being part of a company, which is the frontrunner in developing the future national and international HV subsea interconnections making a pivotal contribution to economy and society.
- Positive working culture and competitive compensation.
Athens Head Offices, frequent travelling to sites
Please send your CV in English at email@example.com