Do you want to work with the best and be a part of some of the most strategic grid interconnection projects in Southeast Europe? In IPTO Group you have the opportunity to help shape the energy landscape for the decades to come!
IPTO Group plans and implements significant investments to:
- ensure the supply of Greece with electricity in an adequate, reliable and economically viable manner for the benefit of the society and the environment,
- safeguard the long-term capability of the electrical system to meet power transmission needs and
- promote European targets towards energy transition and climate neutrality.
Crete-Attica electrical interconnection project (in progress)
Crete-Attica interconnection is becoming a reality by Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of IPTO Group. This is a 1-billion-euro investment to be completed by 2024 and the largest in the history of the Greek electrical system, ranking among the top-5 of the most innovative interconnection DC projects on a European level. It involves two submarine 500 kV cables, 335 km in length, of a total 1,000 MW transmission capacity, laid in record depths of up to 1,200 meters on the Aegean seabed and two underground 500 kV cables in Attica and Crete, 33 km and 11 km, respectively. On both ends of the interconnection project, in Attica (Aspropyrgos) and Heraklion (Damasta), there are two state-of-the-art Converter Stations under construction as well as a GIS 150 kV substation.
Other major grid interconnection projects implemented by IPTO Group, at a glance:
- Cyclades interconnection (last phase of the project currently in progress)
- Dodecanese interconnection (upcoming)
- North Aegean islands interconnection (upcoming)
- Greece – Italy interconnection (upcoming)
Mechanical Engineer (Electromechanical equipment)
IPTO Group and Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A. are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support a dynamic and growing team of professionals in HV transmission systems.
You will join a highly skilled team where together with other colleagues you will be responsible for the design and construction of the future HVDC transmission systems.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Developing technical specifications and evaluating tender documentation for mechanical equipment (e.g HVAC, Firefighting, Fire detection, Cooling water system etc.)
- Collaborating and coordinating with the vendors and contractors for the mechanical systems, ensuring compliance with contract specifications, quality standards, project plan and budget.
- Following up deliverables from vendors ensuring compliance with the project technical specifications.
- Conduct review of technical documentation for mechanical equipment.
- Managing technical aspects from project conceptual phase up to construction and commissioning.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and handling interfaces across project disciplines.
- Conduct factory visits witnessing acceptance tests (FAT).
- Conduct site visits to monitor and supervise the execution of construction and commissioning works.
- Support PM with project progress reporting and technical input.
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Good understanding of mechanical auxiliary equipment for transmission systems’ technology and design
- Experience with HVAC, firefighting, Fire detection, water cooling systems, BMS system etc.
- Candidates with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience will be preferred
- Good knowledge of international and National standards (IEC, IEEE, NFPA, EN, ASRAE, SMAGNA, ASME, API, ΚΕΝΑΚ etc)
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle interfaces in complex infrastructural projects
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, 4M etc.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
- Fluency in written and spoken English
What we are offering:
- A dynamic and supportive working environment which will empower your career development by engagement in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
- Being part of a company, which is the frontrunner in developing the future national and international HV subsea interconnections making a pivotal contribution to economy and society.
- Positive working culture and competitive compensation
Athens Head Offices, frequent travelling to sites
Please send your CV in English at email@example.com