Do you want to work with the best and be a part of some of the most strategic grid interconnection projects in Southeast Europe? In IPTO Group you have the opportunity to help shape the energy landscape for the decades to come!
IPTO Group plans and implements significant investments to:
- ensure the supply of Greece with electricity in an adequate, reliable and economically viable manner for the benefit of the society and the environment,
- safeguard the long-term capability of the electrical system to meet power transmission needs and
- promote European targets towards energy transition and climate neutrality.
Crete-Attica electrical interconnection project (in progress)
Crete-Attica interconnection is becoming a reality by Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of IPTO Group. This is a 1-billion-euro investment to be completed by 2024 and the largest in the history of the Greek electrical system, ranking among the top-5 of the most innovative interconnection DC projects on a European level. It involves two submarine 500 kV cables, 335 km in length, of a total 1,000 MW transmission capacity, laid in record depths of up to 1,200 meters on the Aegean seabed and two underground 500 kV cables in Attica and Crete, 33 km and 11 km, respectively. On both ends of the interconnection project, in Attica (Aspropyrgos) and Heraklion (Damasta), there are two state-of-the-art Converter Stations under construction as well as a GIS 150 kV substation.
Other major grid interconnection projects implemented by IPTO Group, at a glance:
- Cyclades interconnection (last phase of the project currently in progress)
- Dodecanese interconnection (upcoming)
- North Aegean islands interconnection (upcoming)
- Greece – Italy interconnection (upcoming)
Project Managers (Cable Systems and Converter Stations)
IPTO Group and Ariadne Interconnection S.P.S.A. are seeking Project Managers for cable systems and converter stations, respectively, to lead a dynamic and growing team of professionals in HV transmission systems.
As a project manager, you will be accountable for the delivery of the project scope, coordinating and directing the project team members and liaising with the lead project director. Your time will be split between being mobilized in our head offices in Athens on a full-time basis and traveling for short-term visits on-site.
You will interact with our contractors on a daily basis and relevant departments within our company to support contractors in their project development efforts with a constant focus on quality and overall performance.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Manage a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Prepare and oversee project time schedules, identify critical path and key milestones for project’s success
- Ensure risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Manage scope changes in a systematic and controlled manner, assess their impact on project scope, schedule, budget and risks and adopt appropriate approval procedures
- Report to the project director any deviations from the schedule, budget or scope
- Participate in commercial discussions with clients in coordination with the Project Director
- Overview main contract obligations during project execution
- Oversee contractual issues, change orders, and other agreements with EPC Contractors
- Liaise with Engineering and follow all technical discussions and negotiations with Contractors during project implementation
- Liaise with Engineering to review design assurance and compliance with technical specifications throughout all stages of the project
- Engage in contractors’ interface management and day to day coordination
- Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
- Undertake site visits / surveys as required as part of site activities Manage project implementation activities, ensuring QHSE standards are met
- Communicate with authorities having jurisdictions regarding permitting issues
- Approve project payments and follow up in cooperation and coordination with the financial department on budget reporting issues
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ensure completeness of As-built folder and handover of the project to the internal O&M team
- Identify, document, implement and monitor lessons learned and improvements across all phases of the project
- Proven track record in the construction with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in in EPC companies
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical or civil engineering or other
- Certification in project management e.g. MBA / PMP / PRINCE II is considered an advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
What we are offering:
- A dynamic and supportive working environment which will empower your career development by engagement in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- Being part of a company, which is the frontrunner in developing the future national and international HV subsea interconnections making a pivotal contribution to economy and society
- Positive working culture and competitive compensation
Athens Head Offices, frequent travelling to sites
Please send your CV in English at email@example.com